Disability Supports - Presentations from June 10th, 2017
Moderated by Dr. Eleanor Stein
This is a set of recordings from the 5 presentations delivered live on June 16th, 2017 to both an in-house audience at the Cardel Theatre in Calgary and to an online audience across Canada. The content of these presentations will be of interest to anyone who is developing a disabling condition or already has a disabling condition.
The presentations and the entire event were sponsored by the National ME/FM Action Network in Toronto. The organizer and moderator was Dr. Ellie Stein, MD of Calgary.
The event featured 5 speakers:
1. CPP - Disability, presented by Kris Johnson
Kris is the Director General of the CPP-D directorate. He spoke by internet from his office in Ottawa
2. AISH Provincial Disability Support: presented by Dale Beesley
Dale is Statutory Director of the AISH program in the Alberta Ministry of Community and Social Services. Dale spoke to us by web from his Edmonton office
3. Do I have a case?: presented by James Ludwar.
James is a Calgary lawyer specializing in disability law. He has substantial experience in ME/CFS, FM and MCS cases.
4.Employment and Disability: presented by Hugh Scher
Hugh is a Toronto lawyer who has been involved in some of the key court cases involving people with ME/CFS and FM vs their insurance companies. Hugh spoke by web from his office in Toronto.
5. Disability Supports in Canada, presented by John Wodak
John is a patient advocate in Edmonton. He has helped hundreds of patients complete their disability forms.
6. Q&A Session: featuring John Wodak, Hugh Scher, James Ludwar and Dr. Ellie Stein
Included in this product:
- a video recording of each of the 5 x presentations - 30 minutes each - plus a video recording of the Q&A session held at the end
- a downloadable audio-only version of each presentation
- a downloadable document summarizing the key messages in each presentation
- a downloadable copy of the Powerpoint slides used by Dale Beesley and John Wodak
There is no cost to getting access to these recordings. However, when you click on the Purchase Offer button at the top right-hand side of this screen, you will need to fill in your name and email address so that we can send you the instructions for how to login to the site. The site is called The Self Connection Membership Site and has controlled access. Once you complete the process you are automatically set up as a permanent member of the site. As a member of the site, you may login and watch the recordings as often and as many times as you like. You may also add comments or questions to the pages or you may share your experiences.